- UAV Flight Training – Beginner – is a hands-on flight course covering basic flight skills for UAV pilots.
- Students bring THEIR OWN Drone aircraft to class
- The class size is limited to 6 pilots to ensure adequate flight instruction time.
- Main topics include:
- UAV System Specifications
- Flight Operation Documents
- Battery Handling
- Equipment Handling
- Flight Skills
- Footage captured during flight practice are analyzed by flight instructor with feedback and guidance provided.
- Total 8 Hours over a 1 Day period.
- Please check the online Events Calendar for availability
- DELIVERY FORMAT
- The Course is delivered at an outdoor UAV Flight Training Field in Guelph, 45 minutes from Toronto.
- COURSE DURATION
- 8 Hours Flight Instructor Session: 8 Hour/Session; includes 1 hour Flight Exam.
- ALL ABOUT EXAMS
- Final Exam is a 1 hour flight exam conducted by flight instructor.
- The following are covered in the flight exam:
- Perform Setup; Initialization and Calibration of the UAV
- Basic Flight Maneuvers (Take-Off/Landing in non-GPS Assist Mode; Basic Movements; Straight Line; Position Hold; etc)
- Ability to switch between all available Flight Modes while in-flight
- Record a Video Sequence and Photos following the Flight Instructor’s request
- Perform Fly-Home(RTH) or other Functions available on the UAV system to assist Auto Fly Functions
- Utilize Flight Operation Documents.
- Students are required to contact Clarion to approve their UAV model prior to the course.
- The following models do not require approval:
- DJI Phantom 3 Pro /Adv
- Phantom 4; Phantom 4 Pro /Adv
- Inspire 1 (X3, X5, X5R)
- Inspire 2 (X4S, X5S)
- Matrice M200/M210
- Level 2 Commercial UAV Operator Permit – UAV Ground School
- UAV Flight Training outdoor operations are weather dependent!
- By registering for this course you are confirming that you will be available for all dates including backup dates.